Abstract / Fulltext guidelines
Plenary lectures will last 30 minutes and oral communications 20 minutes, both including time for questions.
Power Point presentations will be prepared with the technicianbefore each session, and they will be handled by the speaker.Please, bring such presentations in a 'Windows' operative system, Microsoft compatible or open office formats. McIntoshcomputers will not be available.
The dimensions of the poster boards are 85 cm wide x 120 cm high. Posters should be legible from a distance of 2m. Therefore, the letters of title, authors, institutions, city, country, and email should be around 3 cm high. The poster should be organisedin the following sections: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, and Conclusions.
Inclusion in the Scientific Program and Book of Abstracts isdependent on payment of registration fees. All contributions presented (opening lecture, plenary lectures,oral communications and posters) will be published in ActaHorticulturae. All participants registered for the Symposium will receive a free copy of the ActaHorticulturae.
All participants are invited to submit electronically their fulltext before 30th April 2016. Criteria for Acceptance of Articles for ActaHorticulturae:
- Papers should be written in English.
- Format should fit the NEW ISHS guidelines. See here the author guidelines and here the sample format article. Papers reporting results of experiments normally include at least four sections: abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results and discussion. Other types of papers may have different formats. Abstracts or extended summaries will not be published.
- Data should be analysed statistically where appropriate.
- Results and conclusions should be consistent with the data presented.
- Literature Cited should be appropriate to the content.
- Manuscript Length. Manuscripts should be as concise as possible. The Organizing committee recommends not exceed 8 pages for keynote presentations, 6 pages for oralcommunications, and 4 pages for posters. An average page of text will contain about 500 words. Manuscript reviewers will delete unnecessary information and will advise on the number of pages each manuscript should have, taking into account its content and quality.
For submission, follow the ISHS online submission procedures.
All abstracts must be submitted electronically before 30th January 2016 by clicking on the button below: